Fruit bats like Stellaluna enjoy eating, believe it or not, fruit! While fruits can be enjoyed on their own, it is easy to get your young reader involved in preparing this easy fruit salad.
Invite your young reader to help in the fun of chopping fruit by providing a plastic knife to keep little fingers safe. Bananas are the easiest to cut, but even fruits such as apples and peaches can be chopped by little hands with a little preparation. Just quarter the fruit and remove the core or pit, and then pass it along for the little ones to finish. They will also enjoy stirring the easy yougurt dressing for this salad.
About 8 cups of assorted fresh fruit, such as those listed below, chopped into bite-sized pieces.
- Kiwi – peeled, halved, and sliced
- Seedless grapes
- 1/2 cup plain or vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Chop the fruit into bite sized pieces and mix together in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix together the dressing ingredients.
- Pour the yougrt dressing over the fruit, and stir to combine.
You could try topping each serving of fruit salad with a dollop of vanilla yogurt, granola, or toasted coconut.