This mulled cider is full of autumn flavors taste buds of all ages will love. Fun to prepare and wonderfully fragrant, this is a perfect beverage to sip while enjoying story time Together. Can your young reader spot who is sipping cider in the pages of In November?
Spiced Apple Cider
Makes 3 cups
- 4 cups apple cider
- 1/2 an orange, unpeeled, and sliced about 1/2 inch thick
- 1 cinnamon stick
- pinch ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Place cider, sliced orange, cinnamon stick, and cloves in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 20 to 30 minutes. About 5 minutes before done simmering, add vanilla to cider.
- Strain cider through a colander to remove solids.
- Pour strained cider into mugs. If desired, add a cinnamon stick to each mug for a stirrer!