Although Miss Suzy enjoys her acorn pudding for breakfast, this delicious, wholesome treat would be delicious any time of day.
Miss Suzy's Acorn Squash Pudding
- 1 acorn squash (you will only use half)
- 2 cups oats
- 1/3 cup cranberries
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Using a large knife, cut the acorn squash in half, and remove the seeds and strings.
- Place one-half of the squash in a baking dish with 1/2 cup water, cover and bake until very tender, about 30-40 minutes. Let cool. (This step can be done the day before.)
- Scoop out the cooked squash, and discard the skins. In a medium bowl, mash squash, and add the oats, cranberries, and brown sugar.
- Place mixture in a square baking dish and bake at 350 for 35 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
- Let cool, and enjoy!
You might also like our other Miss Suzy activity, painting Miss Suzy's Oak Tree.