This art project was inspired by Miss Suzy. To learn more about the book and see all our Miss Suzy activities, click here.
Miss Suzy's Oak Tree
- Large sheet of white construction paper
- Brown marker
- Paints in various colors
- Place your young reader’s forearm and hand on the sheet of construction paper, palm down and fingers open wide. The forearm should be at the bottom of the paper to form the trunk of the tree, with the spread fingers representing the branches. Using the pencil, trace around the arm and hand then ask your reader to use the marker to trace the pencil outline.
- Using brown finger paint, add bark to the trunk of the tree.
- To add leaves, dip fingertips in bright autumn colors of paint, and dot onto tree, flying through the air, and covering the ground.
- Once the paint has dried, your young reader could even draw in Miss Suzy’s house in the top of the tree!
You might enjoy our other Miss Suzy activity, Miss Suzy's Acorn Squash Pudding.