Although kids and adults alike are quite used to seeing fictional animals dressed in human clothes (like the characters of Richard Scarry or Beatrix Potter), they will nevertheless find it funny dressing pictures of animals in silly catalogue-cut-out outfits!
- Clothing Catalogs
- Blank paper
- Crayons, Markers, or Colored Pencils
- Help your child to find and cut out pictures of animals from the magazines. They can also draw their own animal pictures with crayons, markers, and colored pencils.
- Glue the animal pictures to one large sheet of paper "mural" style, or glue a few animals per sheet of blank paper, to make a book.
- Look through the clothing catalogs together and find items of clothing to cut out and glue on the animals heads to make “magnificent hats”, just like the animals in The Hat.
- After gluing, crayons or markers may be used to add details or a story to the pictures (If making a book, bind by stapling or using a hole punch and yarn). Encourage imaginations to run wild!