Mrs. Bear prepares secret stash of treats to share with Mr. Bear on Valentine's Day, including Crispy Critters. Your young reader will love making these no-bake treats Crispy Critters to give to special people in their life!
Crispy Critter Cookies
- 1 1/4 cup cereal such as Rice Krispies, Rice Chex, or even Honey Nut Cheerios
- 1/3 cup butter, soften enough to make it easy to stir with the other ingredients
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- Place cereal in a resealable plastic bag. Have your reader crush the cereal with their hands until it is very finely ground.
- In a medium bowl mix butter, honey, peanut butter, and cereal.
- Use a teaspoon and hands to shape the mixture into rough ovals and place on a plate.
- Once all the ovals are formed, place in the fridge until chilled and firm, overnight.
- chow mein noodles
- sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
To make the bee, microwave the chocolate for 30 seconds, then stir. Microwave 30 more if needed. Drizzle melted chocolate over the cookies for stripes. Add two sliced almonds for wings.
For the bug use raisins to make spots and chow mein noodles for legs.
Allow your young reader to use their imagination and make their own critter cookie. Any ingredients you have on hand can be used to decorate, like other types of cereal (like Cheerios eyes), nuts, small candies, un-melted chocolate chips, dried fruit etc.