If you are like us and don’t prepare hard cooked eggs on a regular basis you might not be familiar with the best technique. The wonderful egg folks at getcracking.ca provide the following information:
Place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan. Cover with at least 1-inch cold water over the top of the eggs. Bring water quickly to a boil over high heat. Immediately cover the saucepan and remove from the heat to stop boiling. Let eggs stand in water, covered, for at 15 to 20 minutes for large eggs. Drain water and immediately run cold water over eggs until cooled.
Easiest Way for Little Hands to Peel an Egg
Crackle the shell all over. Roll egg between you hands to loosen the shell. Begin peeling at the wide end of the egg where the air cell is located. Don’t forget to save the shell to make our Egg Shell Mosaic art project!
Deviled Egg Dip
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 1/3 cup plain Greek or regular yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons to 1 tablespoon snipped chives
- Peel eggs. Place in a food processor.
- Add yogurt, mustard, relish, mayonnaise, and chives. Process until smooth.
- Serve with fresh vegetables and crackers.