Cheesy Zucchini Pancakes
Adapted from King Arthur Flour.
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup chopped chives or scallions
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 3/4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup cheese: Mozzarella, Cheddar, Parmesan, Feta, or any mixture
- Coarsely shred zucchini.
- Whisk together eggs, pepper, oil, until combined.
- Add chives or scallions, salt, basil, and shredded zucchini.
- Stir in flour and cheese until batter comes together and cheese is evenly distributed.
- Heat griddle or frying pan over medium heat. Spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- Once the griddle or skillet is hot, add 1/4 cupfuls of batter to skillet. Flatten batter slightly. Cook for 3 minutes or until lightly golden brown on bottom. Flip and cook until done, about 3 more minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve hot or cold; they are especially good topped with salsa!
Garden Variety Michelangelo
Encourage your reader to bring forth the inner sculpture and create zucchini masterpieces.
With adult supervision, little hands can stick toothpicks (we found toothpicks broken in half works best) into the veggie then slide on raisins, mini marshmallows, ring shaped cereal, gummies, cherry tomatoes, etc.
We made a zucchini ballerina, with a dried pineapple tutu, apple ring arms and headpiece, dried cranberry eyes, and a sun dried tomato mouth.
You could also provide pipe cleaners for additional art materials. There is no limit to what wonderful creations that can be made. Be sure to display the art while munching on zucchini pancakes.
We want to see your reader's creations! Add your link in the comments, share on Facebook, or send us an e-mail at email@example.com !