This is a fun and easy experiment to do with budding scientist to find out what an egg looks like without its shell.
What You Will Need
- 1 egg
- 1 glass container to hold the egg
- Note – Although only 1 egg is needed to complete the experiment, it never hurts to use 2 in case a mishap occurs.
How To Do It
- Place the egg in the glass container.
- Cover the egg with vinegar and place it in the refrigerator.
- Check back a bit later to observe the vinegar starting to bubble and go to work on the egg.
- The next day pour out the vinegar and replace it with a fresh dose.
- The following day pour out the vinegar and remove the egg from the container. It any shell remains, rub it off and carefully rinse off the egg. Hold the egg up to light and the yolk will be visible. Gently drop it from an inch or two and watch it bounce.
Why We Like It
- Science experiments are fun!
- Experiments build observation skills, language skills, processing and critical thinking skills and encourage kids to be curious, active learners.