While our craft of Hanging Bird Suet Treats is certainly not for your readers to eat, they will enjoy making their own version, perfect for an afternoon snack after going on a nature walk. Our 'birdseed' is a mix of dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, and a few mini chocolate chips, but any chopped nuts or dried fruit would work.
- Bread slices
- Peanut butter
- Mini chocolate chips
- Sunflower seeds
- Dried cranberries
- Chopped nuts
- Mix together chocolate chips, sunflower seeds, cranberries and nuts to make “bird seed."
- Toast bread if desired (to make it dried like with the Hanging Bird Treat).
- Using the cookie cutter, cut the bread into the chosen shape.
- Spread peanut butter on the bread shape.
- Sprinkle the bread with desired amount of 'bird seed.'
Make sure you don't miss any of our activities or recipes by signing up for e-mail updates here.