Make this play dough after reading Big Pumpkin, by Erica Silverman.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1 tablespoon cream of tartar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 cup water
- 6 drops red food coloring
- 15 drops yellow food coloring
- In a medium saucepan, mix the flour, salt cream of tarter, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon.
- Add the oil, water, and food colorings and stir until smooth.
- Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until it forms a ball. It will get very lumpy, but it will all come together. It takes about 5-8 minutes.
- Let cool. Knead until smooth.
Sign up to get all our activities in your in-box!