This hot chocolate is about as good as you can get with out being loaded with cream and chocolate, and infinitely better than something out of a packet! It's quicker too: you can whip it up in about 5 minutes, and can be easily adapted to make several servings.
Honey Hot Chocolate for a Very Blustrous Day
Adapted from The Pooh Cook Book by Virginia H. Ellison
Makes 2 one-cup servings.
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
- Whisk the water, cocoa, and salt together in a small saucepan.
- Stir over medium-low heat until the mixture is smooth and simmering.
- Add honey and milk to cocoa mixture.
- Heat, but do not boil.
- Divide between two mugs and enjoy!