Zucchini Spread Ingredients
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large zucchini
- 1-15 ounce can cannellini beans
- 1/3 cup nonfat cottage cheese or part skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper
- If you want the filling to be very light in color, peel the zucchini (we didn't). Shred the zucchini in a food processor or with a box grater.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Saute shredded zucchini until soft, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, drain and rinse beans.
- Transfer cooked zucchini to a food processor and add beans, cottage or ricotta cheese, salt, and pepper to taste. Process until smooth, about 1 minute, stopping to scrap down sides if necessary.
Note: Leftover spread is delicious with baby carrots and other vegetables or as a dip with crackers!
For Each Quesadilla
- 2 flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese
- about 1/3 cup zucchini spread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Take one tortilla and fold in half, and then fold into thirds to make a triangle with six layers.
- Cut out a snowflake design with a small paring knife or kitchen shears, similar to making coffee filter snowflakes.
- Place one full torialla on a baking sheet. Top with zucchini spread, mozarella cheese, and snowflake tortilla.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes.
- Let cool for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy!
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of cinnamon
- Pour milk into a microwave safe mug. Stir in sugar until combined.
- Microwave for about 90 seconds, or until heated. Stir in vanilla and top with a dash of cinnamon.