If you decide to go on a bear hunt of your own, it’s always wise to pack a nutritious lunch to keep your energy up. Inspired by bears’ love of cherries, honey and nuts we think you and your reader will enjoy making (and eating!) our Cherry Almond Spread. You might also like our honey-oat bread recipe, inspired by another favorite literary bear!
Cherry Almond Butter
- 1/2 cup (2.5 ounces) raw unsalted almonds
- 1/4 cup cherries, fresh or frozen and thawed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon
- pinch of salt
- Place almonds in a food processor (a blender would also work). Process for about 5 minutes, scraping down sides as needed, until the almonds have broken down; they should come together when pressed.
- Add cherries, honey, vanilla, and salt and process until smooth.
- Make into sandwiches, serve on toast, or simply eat with spoons!
Makes 1/2 cup spread. Store remaining spread in the fridge.