A clever way to use up the egg shells from hard-boiled eggs, or those from our deviled egg dip!
- Crushed eggshells from hard boiled eggs
- 1 sheet of construction paper or cardstock
- Ask your young reader to use the pencil to draw a large egg shape on the paper – the bigger the better.
- Apply white glue to the drawing in the desired design for the Easter egg.
- Layer crushed eggshells into the glue then gently press down.
- Allow the egg design to dry completely.
- Using a paintbrush, show your reader how to dab watercolor paint to the eggshell surfaces to avoid loosening the shells from the picture.
- Continue the dabbing method to apply paint the plain surfaces of the egg design as well.