The story and illustrations for Blueberries for Sal perfectly capture a long, carefree, summer afternoon. That simplicity is matched with this recipe for deliciously cool and creamy yogurt pops. With just four ingredients and some time in the freezer, you have a treat that Sal is sure to have loved, if she could ever fill her bucket with enough berries to make these!
Young Readers in the Kitchen
Young readers can help measure the ingredients into the blender, and add the popsicle sticks to each pop!
Sal's Blueberry Yogurt Pops
adapted from The Gracious Kitchen
- 2 cups low- or non-fat plain yogurt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Measure all ingredients into a blender.
- Blend until smooth. Stop the blender and scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula to make sure all ingredients, especially honey, have combined.
- Pour blueberry mixture into popsicle molds or paper cups. Add tops to molds or popsicle sticks to cups and freeze for several hours or overnight.
Related Post: Have extra berries? Try making Blueberry Paint!