In Eating the Alphabet, X is for Xigua which is the Mandarin word for watermelon. We couldn't resist using this refreshing summer fruit again (check out W is for Watermelon), so here is another delicious melon recipe!
- 1 cup finely chopped seedless watermelon
- 1/4 cup finely chopped peeled cucumuber
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- Mix watermelon, cucumber, onion, bell pepper, and basil.
- Add honey and lime juice and toss to coat. Serve with tortilla or pita chips.